Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Using the Analog Discovery Box and the ADC


The picture above shows how to connect the Analog Discovery Portable Analog Circuit Design Kit to the ADC Maxim chip. The black wire is ground and the yellow wire is the wave generator.

The wave generated is just a constant signal of 3.6 V shown in the picture below.


This is the output when using the 3.6 V. This makes sense because the max voltage that the maxim chip can take is 3.6 V so this should result in the max value of the 15 bit number which is 32767. I am confused on why it wouldn't be the max value of a 16 bit number but I have to look into this some more. 


When a signal of 1.8 V was created using the wave generator, the output was 14971, which behaved almost like I expected. When I took half of the wave voltage, the output was almost halved. I will also have to look into the relationship between these values.

No comments:

Post a Comment